6. Working from home

If you work at home, you may have to pay business rates on the part of your property that you use.

This depends on whether the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) - or local assessor in Scotland - has given a rateable value to a part of your home. You’ll still have to pay Council Tax on the rest of your property.

Contact the VOA if you’re not sure if you should be paying business rates or not. In Scotland, contact your local assessor.

Valuation Office Agency
Telephone (England): 03000 501 501
Telephone (Wales): 03000 505 505
Find out about call charges

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.