5. If your business or premises change
Your business rates could change if:
- you move or make changes to your premises
- the nature of your business changes
- you sublet part of your property
- you merge 2 or more properties into 1
You must report any changes to ensure you’re paying the right amount and don’t get a backdated increase in your bill.
Report changes using the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) service in England or Wales.
If your premises are affected by local disruption
You may get a temporary reduction in your business rates if your premises are affected by severe local disruption (like flooding, building or roadworks).
Report changes using the VOA service.