HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) can collect your debt through a debt collection agency.
Your debt may be sent to a private debt collection agency who will collect the debt on HMRC’s behalf. The agency will write to you and you should pay them directly.
Debt collection agencies used by HMRC are:
- 1st Locate (trading as LCS)
- Advantis Credit Ltd
- Akinika Debt Recovery Ltd
- Apex Credit Management Ltd
- Bluestone Credit Management Ltd
- CCS Collect (also known as Commercial Collection Services Ltd)
- Drydensfairfax Solicitors
- Fredrickson International Ltd
- Marston Group Ltd
- Past Due Credit Solutions (PDCS)
- Rossendales Ltd
- Walker Love
Visits to your home
HMRC may ask a debt collection agency to visit your home to collect the debt in person. You’ll get a letter from Rossendales before this happens.
An agent from Marston Group will visit you. You can check the agent’s identity by calling Rossendales or looking up their name on the Certified Bailiff Register.
Telephone: 0844 701 3993
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 8am to 1pm
Find out about call charges