HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) can collect your debt through a private debt collection agency.
The agency will write to you and you should pay them directly.
Debt collection agencies used by HMRC are:
- 1st Locate (trading as LCS)
- Advantis Credit Ltd
- Akinika Debt Recovery Ltd
- Apex Credit Management Ltd
- Bluestone Credit Management Ltd
- CCS Collect (also known as Commercial Collection Services Ltd)
- Drydensfairfax Solicitors
- Fidélité Credit Management
- Fredrickson International Ltd
- Past Due Credit Solutions (PDCS)
- Rossendales Ltd
- Walker Love
If you have tax credit debts and don’t respond to contact from the debt collection agency, agents from Rossendales Ltd or Fidélité Credit Management may visit to collect your debt in person.