If you don't pay your tax bill
3. Debt collection agencies
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) can collect your debt through a private debt collection agency.
The agency will write to you and you should pay them directly.
Debt collection agencies used by HMRC are:
- 1st Locate (trading as LCS)
- Advantis Credit Ltd
- Akinika Debt Recovery Ltd
- Apex Credit Management Ltd
- Bluestone Credit Management Ltd
- CCS Collect (also known as Commercial Collection Services Ltd)
- Drydensfairfax Solicitors
- Fredrickson International Ltd
- Past Due Credit Solutions (PDCS)
- Resolvecall Ltd
- Rossendales Ltd
- Walker Love
If you have Self Assessment or VAT debt and don’t respond to contact from a debt collection agency, agents from Rossendales Ltd or Resolvecall Ltd might visit you to collect your debt in person.