Renewals - work lists (Unfinalised): Unfinalised S17 work list - Not past 2SD
Changes to previous version - amended guidance. Replaces ‘Unfinalised S17 Work List: Not Past 2SD (AG)’.
Before you follow this guidance, make sure
- you’ve the correct user roles to follow this guidance. Use the B&C Roles and Access Catalogue. You can find this by going to the Benefits & Credits homepage, selecting ‘R’ on the B&C A-Z index, selecting ‘Roles and Access Process’, selecting ‘Roles & Access Catalogue’ from the Related links menu
- you’re in the correct MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number.
Where a customer provides an estimate of their income at 1s t Specified Date (1SD), the tax credits computer will finalise the estimate and the customer has until 2n d Specified Date (2SD) to provide their actual income.
If the customer doesn’t provide their actual income at 2SD, the tax credits computer automatically converts the estimated income to actual.
The system functionality that automatically converts the estimate to actual income is switched off on 19 March. If the Annual Declaration was issued late and 2SD falls after 19 March, the estimated income must be manually converted to actual income.
Note: When sending customer, staff or process data to another individual or team, make sure you follow the latest data security guidelines or contact the Data Guardian or Data Security Team for advice.
If you’re following this guidance for the first time, go to Step 2.
If you’re dealing with an expired action date because the 2SD hadn’t passed, go to Step 3.
Access the Unfinalised S17 work list. Follow the guidance in TCM0270100
then, if applicable
- return to this guidance and go to Step 3.
Check if the 2SD has passed. For how to do this, use TCM1000002.
If the 2SD hasn’t already passed, set an action date on the Unfinalised S17 work list item to the day after the 2SD. For how to do this, use TCM1000008.
If the 2SD has already passed, go to Step 4.
Check if the income type is estimated income or actual income. For how to do this, use TCM1000209.
If the income type is actual, go to Step 6.
If the income type is estimated, go to Step 5.
Change the income type from estimated to actual. For how to do this, use TCM1000210
- complete the ‘Amend Finish’ screen. For how to do this, use TCM1000032.
Note: None of the changes will be applied until you complete the ‘Amend Finish’ screen
If a warning message displayed and you had to pass the case to a Level 2 User or your manager, take no further action.
If a warning message displayed and you were able to make the change, go to Step 6.
If a warning message didn’t display, go to Step 6.
Check if the work item is still on the Unfinalised S17 work list.
If the work item isn’t still on the work list, go to Step 7.
If the work item is still on the work list
- transfer it to the ‘Unfinalised S17 Worked and Cleared’ MU. Use TCM0322460 for the correct MU number
- go to Step 7.
Following your action
- update Household Notes with the appropriate message - SN23 or SN27 from TCM0172060. For how to do this, use TCM1000001
Note: If these Household Notes don’t cover the action you’ve taken, record any additional action using the Renewals & Reminders category.
- take no further action.