Mycology identification and susceptibility testing request form
Form (Y1) for isolates of mould or yeast for identification and antifungal susceptibility testing.
Diagnostic mycology and assays referral form
Form (Y2) for referral of clinical samples for diagnostic mycology.
Malaria: risk assessment form
For healthcare professionals to email malaria prophylaxis queries to the Malaria reference laboratory (Malaria RL).
Managing clusters of pneumococcal disease in closed settings
Guidelines for managing serious pneumococcal disease in hospitals, care homes, prisons, children’s day-care centres and military settings.
Guidance and regulation
- Specialist and reference microbiology: laboratory tests and services
- Vaccine incident guidance: responding to vaccine errors
- Lyme disease: differential diagnosis
- SMI B 28: investigation of genital tract and associated specimens
- Lyme disease services
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Typhoid and paratyphoid: laboratory confirmed cases in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Measles, mumps and rubella: laboratory confirmed cases in England 2018
- National reference laboratory for food microbiology: annual report
- Lyme disease epidemiology and surveillance
Policy papers and consultations
- UK Standards for Microbiology Investigations: S 2 pneumonia
- UK Standards for Microbiology Investigations: S 1 acute infective hepatitis