Guidance on when you should contact your local authority (council) about your domestic property.
You’ll need to contact your local authority if you have:
- moved into a property
- changed the name and/or address of your property
- a property that’s not possible to live in or has been demolished
You’ll also need to contact your local authority if changes have been made to your property, including if you have:
- divided your property into flats
- merged a number of flats into one property
- converted your property into a house of multiple occupation (HMO)
- added an annexe to your property
More information on how we band HMOs and annexes can be found on how domestic properties are assessed for Council Tax bands.