Use the Import Control System if you import goods from outside of the EU into Northern Ireland or move goods into Northern Ireland from Great Britain, to give information to customs before your goods arrive.
Applies to Northern Ireland
If you import goods outside of the EU into Northern Ireland or move goods into Northern Ireland from Great Britain, you’ll need to use the Import Control System to tell customs that your goods are arriving before they leave the country they’re coming from.
The Import Control System manages:
- lodging, handling and processing entry summary declarations
- handling UK airport diversions
- issuing a Movement Reference Number
Before you register
- a valid EORI number starting with XI
- the postcode for the address given in your EORI registration
How to register
You can register through either:
- Trader Front End (you’ll need a Government Gateway user ID and password – if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you register)
- Community System Providers
After you’ve registered
If you register through Trader Front End, you’ll receive an activation code by post.
Once you’ve activated your account, you’ll be able to sign into the Import Control System.
Get more information
Businesses that move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, or bring goods into Northern Ireland from outside of the UK, may want to sign up for the Trader Support Service (TSS).
If you need more information, contact the Import Control System Helpdesk.