Register for rural payments
Anyone claiming rural payments, including the Basic Payments Scheme (BPS), will need to register online first.
Who needs to register
All Rural Payments Agency, Natural England (NE) or Forestry Commission (FC) customers must register with the Rural Payments service to claim for:
Get more information about rural grants and payments.
How to register
There are 2 things you need to do:
- verify your identity online
- register your details in the Rural Payments service
1. Verify your identity online
Before you can register on the Rural Payments service you need to verify your identity online. You can do this in 2 ways:
- online with GOV.UK Verify – this gives you simple, trusted and secure access to all public services on GOV.UK, or
- by calling the Rural Payments helpline on 03000 200 301 - this gives you access to the Rural Payments service only
2. Register your details in the Rural Payments service
After you’ve verified your identity, you can sign in to the Rural Payments service.
When you do this for the first time you’ll need to register your personal and business details.
RPA will give you a customer registration number (CRN) and one or more of the following reference numbers for your business.
- Single Business Identifier (SBI)
- Trader Registration Number (TRN)
- Vendor Registration Number (VRN)
Once you have your reference number(s), you can finish creating your account.
Change the details you have registered
Read about how to change the information about a business that is registered with RPA.
Rural Payments Helpline
Helpline 03000 200 301