Information for organisations looking to apply to the Mutuals Support Programme 2, a programme aimed at existing and aspiring Public Service Mutuals.
The Mutuals Support Programme 2 (MSP2) offers support to both aspiring and growing Public Service Mutuals (Mutuals). DCMS has selected two consortiums of suppliers to provide the full range of support we understand Mutuals need. This includes professional advice and support across areas including legal, financial, business planning, marketing, HR and organisational change, bid writing and measuring social value.
Both consortiums have been selected through a competitive procurement process, and have extensive experience of supporting new Mutuals to develop, and existing ones to thrive.
Mutual Ventures Consortium
This consortium consists of Mutuals Ventures, Baxendale, Bates Wells Braithwaite and Bevan Brittan. If you would like to discuss your initial ideas directly with this consortium, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This consortium consists of Hempsons Solicitors, Stepping Out, MetaValue, Eastside Primetimers and Social Enterprise Acumen. If you would like to discuss your initial ideas directly with this consortium, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To apply for support from this programme you must currently, or intend to, fulfil our definition of a Public Service Mutual which is an organisation that:
- has left the public sector (also known as ‘spinning out’)
- continues to deliver public services and aims to have a positive social impact
- has a significant degree of staff influence or control in the way it is run
If you’re an existing Mutual, you must be in your first 5 years of operation, or delivering your original or extended contract which has not been retendered, or both. You must able to demonstrate how support from this programme will help your organisation grow or diversify its operations.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to their project and the mutual model by providing matched funding, in cash, towards the support needed.
For more information on eligibility and support expectations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
MSP2 is now open for applications on a rolling basis. We’re expecting high levels of interest and we recommend you apply early.
Follow these 5 steps to apply:
- Contact the DCMS Mutuals Team for an initial eligibility conversation
- If you meet our eligibility criteria, you will be invited to complete an Expression of Interest form
- If your Expression of Interest passes the minimum threshold, you will be invited for an assessment with your supplier of choice
- If your Expression of Interest is successful, you will work with your supplier to develop a support plan
- This plan will then be recommended for approval by DCMS Mutuals Team. If approved, support will begin.
If you think you currently fulfil our definition of a Public Service Mutual or would like to explore this delivery model in the future, contact email@example.com to arrange an initial call with the Mutuals Team.