Information for organisations looking to apply to the Mutuals Support Programme 2, a programme aimed at existing and aspiring Public Service Mutuals.
The Mutuals Support Programme 2 is now open for applications and will close at 17.00 on Friday 29 June 2018. Please read this page for details of eligibility and the application process, and contact email@example.com to apply.
The Mutuals Support Programme 2 (MSP2) offers support to both aspiring and growing Public Service Mutuals (Mutuals). DCMS has selected two consortia of suppliers to provide the full range of support we understand Mutuals need. This includes professional advice and support across areas including legal, financial, business planning, marketing, HR and organisational change, bid writing and measuring social value.
Both consortia have been selected through a competitive procurement process, and have extensive experience of supporting new Mutuals to develop, and existing ones to thrive.
The GoMutual consortium consists of Hempsons Solicitors, Stepping Out, MetaValue, Eastside Primetimers and Social Enterprise Acumen. If you would like to discuss your initial ideas directly with this consortium, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Mutual Ventures Consortium
This consortium consists of Mutuals Ventures, Baxendale, Bates Wells Braithwaite and Bevan Brittan. If you would like to discuss your initial ideas directly with this consortium, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To apply for support from this programme you must currently, or intend to, fulfil our definition of a Public Service Mutual which is an organisation that:
- has left the public sector (also known as ‘spinning out’)
- continues to deliver public services and aims to have a positive social impact
- has a significant degree of staff influence or control in the way it is run
If you’re an existing Mutual, you must be in your first 5 years of operation, or delivering your original or extended contract which has not been retendered, or both. You must able to demonstrate how support from this programme will help your organisation grow or diversify its operations.
All applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to their project and the mutual model by providing matched funding, in cash, towards the support needed.
For more information on eligibility and support expectations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
The application process is as follows:
- Contact email@example.com to talk through your ideas with DCMS
- If appropriate, DCMS will send you an Expression of Interest form to complete
- If successful, you will have an assessment with the supplier consortium of your choice
- Suppliers will recommend to DCMS whether an applicant should be supported
- DCMS will compare all recommendations and confirm successful applicants
- You will work with your chosen supplier to draw up a detailed support plan
- DCMS will sign off the support plan
- Support will start
DCMS recommends that you do initial background reading and investigation into the mutual model before applying to this programme. Several documents can be found on gov.uk, as well as existing mutuals who are happy to talk through their experiences.
If you think you currently fulfil our definition of a Public Service Mutual or would like to explore this delivery model contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an initial call with the Mutuals Team.