Register to manage your apprenticeship funds
Sign in or register to access money you’ve paid under the apprenticeship levy and pay for apprenticeship training.
If your organisation, including any connected companies or charities, has an annual pay bill of more than £3 million you will pay the apprenticeship levy. If you pay the levy and want to employ an apprentice you’ll need to:
- create an account
- add organisations
- link your PAYE schemes
- invite members of your team to use the service
Before you start
You will need to work out how much apprenticeship levy you are due to pay, and report this to HMRC each month, starting in April 2017. The funds you have available to spend on apprenticeships in England will be added to your account.
When you set up your account you must have:
- Government Gateway login details for the PAYE schemes that you want to include in your account
- details for each organisation that will be making an agreement with a training provider for apprenticeship training, including the Companies House or charity number (if you have one)
If you don’t have Government Gateway login details, you may need to ask someone from your payroll or finance department to help you set up the account, or to set it up on your behalf.
You need the Government Gateway login details for each PAYE scheme you add to your account - if you have an agent, don’t use their details.
If you employ an apprentice, the PAYE scheme they are paid through must be attached to your account.
Once your account has been set up, you’ll be able to add other people from your organisation to access your account. You can choose different roles for them within your account.
If you have several connected organisations you can add one or more of them to your account.
Using your account
Once you’ve declared your levy for April 2017 you will see the balance in your account at the end of May 2017.
You’ll also be asked to accept an agreement with the Skills Funding Agency before you can spend funds from your account. You’ll be notified in your account when the agreement is available.
Once you’ve accepted the agreement you can:
- add or amend information about apprentices and training
- authorise payment to the training provider
- view payment activity in your account and view your balance
- pause or stop a payment to your training provider
Registering multiple connected organisations
If you are registering on behalf of multiple connected companies or charities, you need to think about:
- the structure of your organisations and PAYE schemes
- how you are going to spend your funds
You’ll need to register every organisation that will make an agreement with a training provider for apprenticeship training.
For example, if you have multiple PAYE schemes, you could create multiple accounts or have one account for all of them.
There is no restriction on the number of connected organisations you can add, but a single PAYE scheme can’t be split across multiple accounts.
Public sector bodies cannot usually be connected in levy accounts.