Follow these steps if you’re an agent and you want to submit VAT Returns for your clients digitally.
1. Talk to your clients
Use the communications pack to make your clients aware of what Making Tax Digital is and what they need to do.
2. Get the right software
Before you sign clients up, you must have software that:
- lets you submit returns for your clients
- is compatible with Making Tax Digital for VAT
3. Create an agent services account
This is different to your HMRC online services for agents account.
4. Link clients to your agent services account
You can link your clients or add new ones.
5. Sign your clients up for Making Tax Digital
You’ll receive an email within 72 hours to confirm that you can submit your clients’ returns digitally.
6. Authorise your software
Before you can send VAT returns digitally, you’ll need to authorise your software.
Ask your software supplier if you do not know how.