Check which software packages are compatible with Making Tax Digital for VAT.
Before you sign up to Making Tax Digital for VAT you’ll need either:
- a compatible software package that allows you to keep digital records and submit VAT Returns
- bridging software to connect non-compatible software (like spreadsheets) to HMRC systems
Search for software
Use this service to search for compatible software and bridging software.
After you’ve got the right software
If you’re signing up your own business
After you’ve got the right software, sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT.
If you’re an agent signing up a client’s business
After you’ve got the right software, you’ll need to:
- create an agent services account - this is different to your HMRC online services for agents account
- copy existing clients across or authorise new ones on your agent services account
- sign your client up for Making Tax Digital for VAT
HMRC does not recommend or endorse any one product or software provider and is not responsible for any problems you have with software.