HM Land Registry portal: make an application enquiry
How Business e-services customers can check their current applications to HM Land Registry through the portal.
Submit an application search
Select ‘Information Services’, then ‘Application Enquiry’.
- Enter an HM Land Registry reference or Title Number. Use:
- Select ‘Submit’.
- To view the current average completion times, select the link on the right-hand side.
- To view information about our services, including application quality and speed of service, select the Service Standards data link on the right-hand side.
This is the list of pending applications and official searches with priority for the requested title.
- Select ‘Discharge Activity’ to find out whether any charges have been discharged against this title number within the previous 30 calendar days.
If any discharged charges are revealed, select the ‘Verify Details’ link to input the charge date and confirm details relating to the discharged charge(s).
- To print this page, select ‘Printer-Friendly Version’.
- To find out more about an application, select ‘Show details’. A new window will open with the application details.
- Select a ‘Parent Title’ link to get a list of the pending applications for that title.
- This gives extra information about the application, for example progress status of an application, reasons for delay, if an expedition request has been approved and the full priority period for official searches.
- You can print and save the application detail as a PDF.
- Select ‘Still need to contact us?’ when displayed and complete the contact form if you want either:
- to request expedition of an application
- to request more time to reply to a requisition
- to require more progress information
Follow the on-screen guidance and provide supporting evidence, if requested.
Use the drop-down menu on the form to request more information or an expedition.
We may not be able to share more information than displayed for security or privacy reasons.
To start a new search, select ’New Enquiry’.
For extra guidance, click on the question mark icon at the top right corner of each screen.
When you have completed your tasks, exit the system securely by selecting ‘Logout’ at the top of the screen.
Published: 14 March 2016
Updated: 14 August 2017
- Guide update: we've improved the Application Enquiry service with, for example, more information relating to the progress stage and status of applications.
- We've added information about a new link to request the expedition of an application.
- Extra details about average completion times and discharge activity have been added.
- First published.