How to subscribe or check if you have access to the Customs Declaration Service.
Subscribing your Government Gateway user ID to the Customs Declaration Service, will allow you to:
- submit import and export declarations
- get your postponed import VAT statements or get your import VAT certificates so you can complete your VAT return
- make payments
- set up or change an intermediary or agent
- enable access to your software
How to Subscribe
You’ll need the Government Gateway user ID and password that you use for:
- your business or organisation
- yourself, if you’re applying as an individual
If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you start.
You cannot use an agent or intermediary Government Gateway user ID.
You’ll need to tell us:
- your Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number that starts with GB
- Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) — find your UTR if you do not know it
- the address for your business that we hold on our customs records
- National Insurance number (if you’re an individual or sole trader)
- the date you started your business
Your EORI number and Customs Declaration Service accounts will be linked to your Government Gateway. You cannot apply for more than one EORI number using your Government Gateway account.
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.
After you’ve subscribed
You’ll get access within either:
- 2 hours
- 5 working days (if HMRC needs to make more checks)
Add a team member
Adding a team member to the Customs Declaration Service means that you can:
- have multiple team members use the service when needed
- manage each member’s level of access to the HMRC services you’ve signed up to
Help and Support
To report issues with electronic Customs Declaration Service submissions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emails are monitored Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm.
If HMRC needs to contact you about your declarations, they will do so by email.