Resources for buying goods and services, and finding DfE-recommended suppliers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) procurement information
Buyers in schools, or those who manage supplier contracts, can:
Follow these guides to help you plan what you need to buy and get good value.
Find quality-checked suppliers using the find a framework tool.
There’s separate guidance on buying procedures and procurement law (including EU procurement law).
- Books and educational resources Negotiate with suppliers to save money and make the most of their services.
- Catering services How to find the best solution for the catering requirements of your school.
- Cleaning services How to find the right cleaning solutions for your school or multi-academy trust.
- Construction projects The different processes you could follow and the people you may need in place.
- Consultancy: educational services, and design and build How schools can buy consultancy services and use a DfE-recommended framework to get good value.
- Electricity Find the right way to buy electricity for your school.
- Gas Find the right way to buy gas for your school.
- ICT and computer hardware Find the right way to buy ICT or computer hardware for your school.
- Legal How schools can evaluate the legal services they currently have, renegotiate fees and switch suppliers.
- Multi-functional devices (MFD) and printing Find the right way to buy multi-functional devices (MFD) and printing services for your school.
- Get help with buying for schools Support for school business professionals.