Green Deal: energy saving for your home

Moving into a property with a Green Deal

If you move into a property with a Green Deal, the landlord or seller must show you a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). This will explain what improvements have been made and how much you’ll need to repay.

The person who pays the electricity bill pays the money back.

You can change electricity supplier if the new supplier is participating in the Green Deal.

Get more information

Contact the Green Deal provider if you have specific questions about the improvements, warranties or repayments.

You can get general information from Energy Savings Advice Service if you’re in England or Wales, or Home Energy Scotland if you’re in Scotland.

Energy Saving Advice Service
0300 123 1234
Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm
Saturday, 10am to 2pm

Home Energy Scotland
0808 808 2282
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 5pm

Find out about call charges