Improvements and benefits to your home
Any household with an electricity meter (including prepayment meters) in England, Scotland or Wales can use the scheme.
Both the landlord and the tenant must agree to the improvements if the building is rented.
You can use the Green Deal for a range of different energy saving measures including:
- replacing windows and doors
- installing secondary glazing
- using energy efficient lighting
- insulating your loft or walls
- adding draught proofing
- upgrading your heating
- generating renewable energy from sources such as wind or solar power
But only if your Green Deal assessment recommends them.