We develop and maintain relations between the United Kingdom and Zambia.

We deal with political, commercial and economic questions of interest to the UK and Zambia. We also provide consular assistance to British nationals in Zambia.

Our services


The High Commission does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you require a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply go to the UK Visas and Immigration website or visit the Visa Application Centre in Lusaka on Alick Nkhata road.

Births, deaths and marriages

From 14 January 2015, UK birth registrations and death registrations in Zambia will transfer from the British High Commission Lusaka to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in the UK. There are no changes to the entitlement to register a birth or death. The processing time will remain the same. However, you will now need to allow extra time for the documents to be sent to and from the UK. Click here for further information.

Passports and emergency travel documents

Information on how to apply or renew a British passport. If you want to make an appointment, contact our Consular section using the details at the foot of this page.

Travel advice

Information on staying safe and avoiding problems when living or travelling abroad, with links to our embassies, high commissions and other diplomatic posts across the world.

Legalisation Service

How to get official confirmation that your UK public documentation is genuine so it can be accepted by foreign authorities. The UK does not require any documents to be legalised for use within the UK.

Prisoner pack Consular fees

Our people

James Thornton

James Thornton

British High Commissioner to Zambia

    Contact us

    British High Commission Lusaka

    5210 Independence Avenue, P.O. Box 50050
    15101 Ridgeway


    Access and opening times