There is currently a cholera outbreak in Vubwi District in Eastern Province. You should follow the advice of the National Travel Health Network and Centre and take measures to reduce the risk of infection.

It is more important than ever to get travel insurance and check it provides sufficient cover. See the FCDO’s guidance on foreign travel insurance.

Most visits to Zambia are trouble-free, but you should take sensible precautions to protect yourself from crime.

You will need a visa to enter Zambia as a visitor. See Visas

Terrorist attacks in Zambia can’t be ruled out. See Terrorism

If you’re abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission.