British Ambassador to Tunisia
We support cooperation between the UK and Tunisia in a wide range of fields. We also provide a range of services to the UK and Tunisian public.
Through our different departments we contribute to the UK government’s understanding of Tunisia’s political and governance system, we develop opportunities for commercial partnerships between UK and Tunisian companies, we provide assistance to British citizens in distress, and we accept passport applications for British citizens in Tunisia.
Out-of-hours emergency assistance
British nationals who need emergency assistance outside normal office hours should call 00216 71 108 700 where they will be given details on how to proceed and how to contact the Global Response Centre if needed.
Emergency travel documents
An emergency travel document enables British nationals abroad whose passport is lost/stolen or unavailable because it is being renewed or has been sent for visa application, to make a single or return journey to the UK or another country of residence, via a maximum of five transit countries. Please contact the British Embassy Tunis on 00216 71 108 700.
For information on how to apply for your first passport or renew an existing passport(s), please visit the overseas passport section of this website. Please note that our embassy cannot deal with individual enquiries about passport applications.
Details of how to get a passport extension can be found here. If you want to make an appointment, contact our Consular section using the details at the foot of this page.
Visa enquiries: This Embassy does not deal with visa matters. For information on whether you need a visa to travel to the United Kingdom and how to apply, please see the UK Visas & Immigration page
Notarial and documentary services
Information about official documents, certificates, and notes available at the British Embassy Tunis.
Birth or death registration and marriage abroad
Information on how you can register a birth or death which occurred overseas and legal documents for couples marrying or entering into civil partnerships abroad
List of lawyers and interpreters
A list of English speaking lawyers, translators and interpreters who may be able to help you with official translations in Tunisia. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute official endorsement by the British Embassy or the UK government.
Tunisia - Prisoner Pack: explanation of the legal and prison system to British nationals.
Travel advice for Tunisia
Travel advice for Tunisia: Information, news and updates to ensure you stay safe, avoid problems, and make informed decisions when living or travelling in Tunisia.
Living in Tunisia
Guide for British nationals who need information about services that are not provided by our Embassy, but that you may find useful in specific circumstances.
How else we can help
In addition to the services listed above, for British nationals needing emergency consular assistance, we can:
- provide information about transferring funds
- help people with mental illness
- offer support and help in a range of other cases, such as child protection and abductions, kidnappings or someone who is missing abroad and how to make a missing persons report
- provide consular assistance to British nationals who are victims of rape or serious sexual assault or any other serious crime
- help in contacting your family or friends when you are not able to do yourself because you are ill, in hospital, have been arrested etc
- provide advice following the death of a British national in Tunisia, where possible we will try to notify the next of kin
- make special arrangements in cases of terrorism, civil disturbances or natural disasters
- offer support and information when a British national is detained or arrested outside the UK
What consulates cannot do for you
Although we try to help British nationals in a wide range of situations, we cannot:
- get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings
- help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures
- give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases
- get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people
- pay any bills or give you money
- make travel arrangements for you, find you work, accommodation, or make business arrangements on your behalf
- get involved in private disputes over property, employment, commercial or other matters
- renew or replace a full British passport
British Embassy Tunis, main contact
Rue du Lac Windermere
Les Berges du Lac
Telephone +216 71 108 700
Fax Management +216 71 108 749
Fax Consular +216 71 108 779
Fax Commercial +216 71 108 749
Office hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 4.30pm (local time)
Friday 8.00am to 1.00pm (local time)
Consular opening Hours Summer and Winter: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday From 9.00am To 12.00pm (Local time), Wednesday Closed
Consular Enquiries : TunisConsular.Enquiries@fco.gov.uk
Commercial Enquiries : UKTITunis.firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Enquiries : BritishEmbassyTunis@fco.gov.uk
British Honorary Consulate Sousse
British Honorary Consulate
Immeuble Gloulou II
Ave Mohamed Marouf
Telephone +216 71 108 700