What will happen when foot and mouth disease (FMD) is suspected or confirmed
Leaflet describing what happens when you suspect foot and mouth disease.
Ref: PB9869C PDF, 673KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This leaflet describes:
- What you must do if you suspect that animals on your farm may be affected with FMD.
- How your suspicions are investigated and the restrictions are put in place during that investigation.
- What will happen if the disease is confirmed in your animals.
- What will need to happen to allow restrictions to be lifted and to return to normality.
Other leaflets in this series explain:
- how to spot FMD and how it is spread (Fact Sheet 1) and
- what you can do to reduce the risk of disease spreading (Fact Sheet 2)
- Foot and Mouth Disease (policy background)