Universal Credit: how it helps your employees and workers
Questions your employees and workers may have about Universal Credit.
If you’re an employer or recruiter, this information can help you answer any questions your employees and workers may have about Universal Credit such as:
- how does receiving Universal Credit benefit your employers and workers?
- is it worth them taking extra shifts or working more hours?
- what happens if their earnings change every month?
- if they get a bonus, how will that affect their Universal Credit?
- how to contact DWP if something changes or if they’ve got a query about their Universal Credit?
- is there any help with childcare?
Published: 11 December 2014
Updated: 11 April 2016
- Updated to reflect changes to Universal Credit from April 2016 (English only, Welsh to follow).
- Childcare information updated with the date that help with childcare fees increases to up to 85% under Universal Credit.
- First published.