Temporary events notices: fact sheet

Fact sheet with information on how to get a temporary event notice (TEN) and changes to legislation.

This publication was withdrawn on

This page has been withdrawn because it’s out of date.

Applies to England and Wales


Temporary events notices fact sheet: withdrawn

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This page has been withdrawn because it’s out of date.

You will need to apply for a TEN if you want to carry out a licensable activity on unlicensed premises in England or Wales.

Licensable activity includes:

  • selling and serving alcohol
  • providing entertainment
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am

The fact sheet above gives guidance on the process for obtaining a TEN and changes to legislation.

More information about TENs is also available.

Published 5 September 2012
Last updated 8 June 2021 + show all updates
  1. Page has been withdrawn.

  2. First published.