Teacher assessment moderation: requirements for key stage 2
- Standards and Testing Agency
- Part of:
- Key stage 2 teacher assessment and National curriculum assessments: guidance for local authorities
- First published:
- 7 December 2015
- Last updated:
- 31 October 2016, see all updates
Guidance and requirements to support schools and local authorities involved in key stage 2 teacher assessment and statutory moderation in 2017.
Schools and local authorities (LAs) have a statutory duty to ensure that teacher assessment (TA) is accurate and in line with the national standards in the interim TA frameworks. This guidance is for all those responsible for key stage 2 writing teacher assessment and moderation.
The guidance is reviewed annually and contains changes for the 2016 to 2017 academic year.
This guidance is for:
- LA moderation managers
- LA external moderators
- all primary phase headteachers, senior school staff and year 6 teachers
- preparation for the moderation process
- internal school moderation
- suitable evidence for moderation
- the moderation visit
- moderation feedback
Published: 7 December 2015
Updated: 31 October 2016
- Updated for the 2017 test cycle.
- Update to reflect the messages in 'Clarification: key stage 1 and 2 teacher assessment and moderation guidance', published 8 March 2016.
- First published.