Rights and status of frontier workers in the UK

Guidance for frontier workers who want to continue working in the UK.



You’re a frontier worker if you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you regularly commute to the UK because you are employed or self-employed here but live elsewhere. You’re able to switch between jobs.

This guidance provides information for EU, EEA and Swiss frontier workers who wish to continue working in the UK after 31 January 2020.

Published 19 June 2019