- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Business and the environment
- 26 October 2012
- Last updated:
- 28 July 2014, see all updates
Guidance on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS) Regulations 2012.
Explains the requirements of the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2012 (the RoHS 2 Regulations).
It is intended for businesses and individuals placing or making electrical and electronic equipment available on the UK market from 2 January 2013.
It explains the requirements on business, how to comply with the law and provides sources of further information.
Published: 26 October 2012
Updated: 28 July 2014
- Guidance notes revised July 2014.
- Revised guidance following implementation of the RoHS 2 Directive and latest changes to published exemptions.
- First published.