The code provides actionable advice on areas of:
- developing a cyber security assessment and plan for important assets, processes and potential vulnerabilities
- devising the most appropriate mitigation measures
- having the correct governance structures, roles, responsibilities and processes
- handling security breaches and incidents
- highlighting national and international standards used and the relationship to existing regulation
This information is used with the ‘Code of practice: cyber security for ships’.
The guidance was produced, in conjunction with us, by the Institution of Engineering and Technology.