Postcodes for PIP assessment providers
Map showing the UK postcode areas covered by Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment providers.
PDF, 1000KB, 1 page
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Independent Assessment Services and Capita Health and Wellbeing provide Personal Independence Payment (PIP) face-to-face consultations, which are part of the PIP assessment process.
This document shows the UK postcode areas that these 2 assessment providers cover.
These areas are organised into 4 ‘lots’.
Independent Assessment Services cover lots 1 and 3:
- Scotland, north-east and north-west England
- London and southern England
This includes postcodes beginning: AB, AL, BA, BB, BD, BH, BL, BN, BR, BS, CA, CB, CM, CO, CH (except CH1, CH4, CH5, CH6, CH7 and CH8), CR, CT, CW, DA, DD, DG, DH, DL, DN, DT, E, EC, EH, EN, EX, FK, FY, G, GL (except GL16), GU, HA, HD, HG, HP, HU, HX, IG, IP, IV, KA, KT, KW, KY, L, LA, LS, LU, M, ME, MK, ML, N, NE, NR, NW, OL, OX, PA, PH, PL, PO, PR, RG, RH, RM, S, SE, SG, SK, SL, SM, SN, SO, SP, SR, SS, SW, TA, TD, TN, TQ, TR, TS, TW, UB, W, WA, WC, WD, WF, WN, YO and ZE.
Capita Health and Wellbeing cover lots 2 and 4:
- Wales and central England
- Northern Ireland
This includes postcodes beginning: B, CF, CH1, CH4, CH5, CH6, CH7, CH8, CV, DE, DY, GL16, HR, LD, LE, LL, LN, NG, NN, NP, PE, SA, ST, SY, TF, WR, WS and WV.
The PIP toolkit gives more information about PIP for support organisations and claimant advisers.
Published: 28 October 2013
Updated: 12 June 2017
- References to 'Atos' changed to 'Independent Assessment Services'.
- Updated the detail section and removed a redundant attachment.
- Published revised map to show postcodes for PIP assessment providers.
- Removed map for updating and replaced with text only version listing postcode areas for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment providers. Added link to the timetable for PIP to replace Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- Postcode map updated with postcodes for further extension of reassessments from 25 May 2015, 22 June 2015 and 27 July 2015.
- Postcode map updated with postcodes for further extension of reassessments from 30 March 2015.
- Published revised PDF and text version with new postcode areas and details of the next roll out of PIP assessments.
- Added revised maps giving additional postcode areas for claims from 17 Nov 2014 and 26 Jan 2015.
- Updated map for the extension of PIP reassessment to new areas from 17 November 2014.
- Postcode map updated with postcodes for further extension of reassessments in January and February 2014.
- First published.