Newborn blood spot screening: results to parents template
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Newborn blood spot screening programme: supporting publications
- 6 January 2015
- Last updated:
- 12 January 2017, see all updates
Child health record departments (CHRDs) can use these letter templates to notify parents of their baby's blood spot screening results.
MS Word Document, 140KB
MS Word Document, 141KB
MS Word Document, 136KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
These letter templates make informing parents of their baby’s blood spot screening results consistent.
There are specific letter templates for when:
- all screening results are normal
- there is a positive screening result for one condition
- all screening results are normal but the baby is too old to be screened for cystic fibrosis (CF)
Published: 6 January 2015
Updated: 12 January 2017
- Additional template letter added for normal result for preterm repeat CHT screen.
- New letter templates added.
- First published.