In total 1,197 people have received an award:
- 1,047 candidates have been selected at BEM, MBE and OBE level; 322 at BEM, 503 at MBE and 222 at OBE
- 74% of the recipients are people who have undertaken outstanding work in their communities either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- there are 603 successful women candidates in the list, representing just over 50% of the total
- 9.3% of the successful candidates come from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background, the greatest ever number of BAME recipients in an honours list
- 8.5% of the successful candidates consider themselves to have a disability (under the Equality Act 2010)
Honours lists are published at New Year and on The Queen’s official birthday in June. Find out more about the honours and how to nominate someone for an award.