Use form CA9176 to apply for National Insurance credits if you're an adult caring for a child under 12 from 6 April 2011.
Use form CA9176 to apply for National Insurance credits if you’re an adult caring for a child under 12 from 6 April 2011.
Before you start
This form is interactive (one that you complete on screen) and you must use Adobe Reader to complete it. Downloading Adobe Reader is free. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
HMRC are creating new versions of their forms that don’t depend on Adobe Reader. Whilst this work is in progress the following methods can be used to ensure the form will download or open in Adobe Reader:
- whatever browser you are using, review your settings to make Adobe Reader the default program for opening PDF documents
- Windows users should right click on the form link then select ‘Save target as’ or ‘Save link as’
- Mac users should right click on the form link then select “Save linked file as”
- save the form - the recommended place is in the documents folder
- using Adobe Reader you can open the form
If the form still doesn’t open, then contact the Online Services helpdesks for more help.
Related forms and guidance
National Insurance credits for adults who care for a child under 12
Guidance on whether you can get specified adult childcare National Insurance credits if you are an adult caring for a child under 12.