LY2 was updated, and the changes issued as LY3 took effect from 20 August 2013.
The changes reflect developments in the industry, and amendents to international conventions. They offer a way of meeting the conventions’ requirements that is better-suited to these kinds of vessel.
LY3 is for:
- designers and builders preparing new designs
- other flag states (such as those which fly the Red Ensign, and wish to apply the new code according to their own requirements and laws)
LY3 applies to yachts that:
- are 24 metres and over in load line length
- are in commercial use for sport or pleasure
- don’t carry cargo
- don’t carry more than 12 passengers
Order a copy of LY3 from Ensign via email or by telephone: +44 (0) 191 4969917.