The code of safe practice for large commercial yachts, and a list of the main changes from previous version LY2.
LY2 was updated, and the changes issued as LY3 took effect from 20 August 2013.
The changes reflect developments in the industry, and amendents to international conventions. They offer a way of meeting the conventions’ requirements that is better-suited to these kinds of vessel.
LY3 is for:
- designers and builders preparing new designs
- other flag states (such as those which fly the Red Ensign, and wish to apply the new code according to their own requirements and laws)
LY3 applies to yachts that:
- are 24 metres and over in load line length
- are in commercial use for sport or pleasure
- don’t carry cargo
- don’t carry more than 12 passengers
Order a copy of LY3 from Ensign via email or by telephone: +44 (0) 191 4969917.