Import and export: apply for Temporary Admission (SP5)
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Import and export forms and International freight industry and businesses making customs declarations
- First published:
- 13 January 2016
- Last updated:
- 2 February 2017, see all updates
Use the online form service to apply for Temporary Admission on goods imported from outside the EU under Union Customs Code (UCC) procedures.
Ref: SP5 https://public-online.hmrc.gov.uk/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/forms.html?contentRoot=repository:///Applications/SpecPersTax_A/1.0/SP5&template=SP5.xdp
Temporary Admission (TA) allows you to claim relief on duty and import VAT for goods you’re temporarily importing from outside the EU.
You can either:
- use the online form service (sign in to, or set up a Government Gateway account)
- fill in the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HM Revenue and Customs
If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.
Before you start
Read the attached guidance to see:
- who can apply for TA
- what information you’ll need to apply
- how to complete the form
Applying using the postal form
If you’re using an older browser, for example Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.
You’ll need to fill in the postal form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so have all your information with you before you fill it in.
Notice 3001: special procedures for the UCC - annex C
This notice explains the legal basis and generic requirements of the customs special procedures under the UCC.
Published: 13 January 2016
Updated: 2 February 2017
- Postal form has been updated.
- An online forms service is now available.
- First published.