HS2 Phase Two financial case
- Department for Transport and High Speed Two (HS2) Limited
- Part of:
- HS2 Phase 2b: Crewe to Manchester, and the West Midlands to Leeds, HS2 Phase 2a: High Speed Rail (West Midlands to Crewe) Bill, and HS2: high speed rail
- 17 July 2017
Financial case for the HS2 Phase Two route from the West Midlands to Leeds and Manchester, including the accelerated delivery of HS2 Phase 2a.
PDF, 448KB, 22 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This is the financial case for the HS2 Phase 2a route from the West Midlands to Crewe and the HS2 Phase 2b route from Crewe to Manchester and from West Midlands to Leeds.
The financial case sets out the long term affordability of the HS2 Phase Two programme, including:
- the transfer of scope and funding from HS2 Phase 2a to HS2 Phase 2b
- the latest cost estimate for HS2 Phase 2a and HS2 Phase 2b
- the benchmark target design cost for HS2 Phase 2a
- how costs and risks will be managed throughout the life of the project
The HS2 Phase Two financial case builds on the:
The HS2 Phase Two financial case forms part of the 5 part outline business case (OBC) for HS2 Phase 2a and strategic outline business case (SOBC) for HS2 Phase 2b. The other parts are:
Published: 17 July 2017