HS2 Phase Two commercial case
- Department for Transport and High Speed Two (HS2) Limited
- Part of:
- HS2 Phase 2b: Crewe to Manchester, and the West Midlands to Leeds, HS2 Phase 2a: High Speed Rail (West Midlands to Crewe) Bill, and HS2: high speed rail
- 17 July 2017
Commercial case for the HS2 Phase Two route from the West Midlands to Leeds and Manchester, including the accelerated delivery of HS2 Phase 2a.
PDF, 252KB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This is the commercial case for the HS2 Phase 2a route from the West Midlands to Crewe and the HS2 Phase 2b route from Crewe to Manchester and from West Midlands to Leeds.
The commercial case sets out what and how the HS2 programme is going to procure throughout the life of the project, including:
- details the procurement and contracting strategy
- the approach to risk allocation and incentivisation for the market
- lessons learnt from HS2 Phase One
The HS2 Phase Two commercial case builds on the:
The HS2 Phase Two commercial case forms part of the 5 part outline business case (OBC) for HS2 Phase 2a and strategic outline business case (SOBC) for HS2 Phase 2b. The other parts are:
Published: 17 July 2017