Business tax – form

Gambling duties: application to register for Gaming Duty (GD56)

Use the online service or the postal form to register for Gaming Duty.


Apply online (sign in with Government Gateway)

Apply by post

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


To apply to be included in the Gaming Duty register, you can:

  • use the online service (you’ll need to log in to your tax account)
  • print off and fill in the form and post it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

HMRC must have your application at least 14 days before you start business.

If you’re applying on behalf of a group registration, only the representative member of that group registration can fill in this form.

Excise Notice 453: Gaming Duty
Guidance on what casino operators need to know about Gaming Duty.

Partnership details (GD57)
Use form GD57 to register partnership details when applying for inclusion on the Gaming Duty Register.

Notification of premises (GD58)
Use form GD58 to notify HMRC of premises to be included in or removed from your entry on the Gaming Duty Register.

Application for group treatment for Gaming Duty purposes (GD60)
Use form GD60 to set up a new gaming duty group, or to disband a group altogether.

You must register online for Remote Gaming Duty.

You must send your returns online for Remote Gaming Duty.