Notify HMRC about premises to include on Gaming Duty Register

Tell HMRC about premises you want to include in, or remove from your entry on the Gaming Duty Register using form GD58.


Notify online (sign in using Government Gateway)

Notify by post


To tell HMRC about premises you need to include in, or remove from, your entry on the Gaming Duty Register, you can:

  • use the online service
  • fill in the form on-screen, print it off and post it to HMRC

To notify online, you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you use the service.

If you use the online form, you’ll get a reference number. Use this to track the progress of your form.

You need to tell HMRC at least 14 days before you start trading at the premises.

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, such as Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the postal form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Excise Notice 453: Gaming Duty
Guidance on what casino operators need to know about Gaming Duty.

Gaming Duty application for registration (GD56)
Use form GD56 to apply for inclusion on the gaming duty register.

Partnership details (GD57)
Use form GD57 to register partnership details when applying for inclusion on the Gaming Duty Register.

Application for group treatment for Gaming Duty purposes (GD60)
Use form GD60 to set up a new gaming duty group, or to disband a group altogether.

You must register online for Remote Gaming Duty.

You must submit your returns online for Remote Gaming Duty.

Published 2 July 2014
Last updated 22 December 2015 + show all updates
  1. An online service is now available.

  2. First published.