Business tax – form

Fuel Duty: obtain relief from Excise Duty on mineral (hydrocarbon) oil (HO27)

Apply for relief from Excise Duty on mineral (hydrocarbon) oil.



About this form

To apply to both register and apply for relief you can use the online form service. You’ll need to sign in to or set up a Government Gateway account.

Instead, you can apply to get relief using the postal form (HO27). If you use this postal form, you may also need to fill in form H027B to register for the Industrial Reliefs Scheme.

Before you start using the postal form

If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so gather all your information together before you start to fill it in.

Excise Notice 184a: mineral oil put to certain use - Excise Duty Relief
Guidance on getting relief from Excise Duty on oil put to certain uses. This is known as the Industrial Relief Scheme or the Tied Oils Scheme.

Fuel Duty: application to register for Industrial Reliefs Scheme (HO27B)
Use form HO27B alongside HO27 as part of your application to join the industrial relief scheme.