Form PA12: Apply for power of attorney (Intestate)

Apply to appoint someone to act as the representative of the person entitled to the estate.



Contact the HMRC helpline to find out if you can apply for probate online.

If you use the paper form you’ll need to swear an oath in person at a probate registry.

About applying for probate

Read more about wills, probate and inheritance.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

See a list of inheritance tax forms.

Find out how HM Courts & Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 19 July 2018
Last updated 13 May 2020 + show all updates
  1. Updated form PA12, Power of attorney (Intestate).

  2. First published.