Form N316: Apply for an order for a debtor to attend court

Use this form to apply to the court for an order that a judgment debtor attends court to give information under oath about their financial situation.


Cais am orchymyn i ddyledwr ddod i'r llys ar gyfer holi

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


The court will ask the person with the judgment against them (‘judgment debtor’) questions under oath at a hearing, using Form EX140: Give a record of evidence: individual debtor.

The person who is owed the money (‘judgment creditor’) may attend the hearing. The information gained will help the judgment creditor to decide whether to start enforcement proceedings, and what type of proceedings would be appropriate.

Find out more about making a money claim.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 June 2016
Last updated 9 February 2021 + show all updates
  1. Statement of truth amended.

  2. First published.