Form N11: Make a defence against a court claim

Use this general 'defence form' to dispute a court claim someone's made against you.


Defence form

Ffuflen amddiffyniad

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This form is a general form that can be used to dispute most kinds of claim.

However, if a court sends you a specific defence form, you should use that.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 December 2007
Last updated 9 February 2021 + show all updates
  1. Statement of truth amended.

  2. First published.