This document sets out ultrasound guidelines and recommendations for the NHS fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP).
This publication explains the standards and processes for ultrasound practitioners working in fetal anomaly screening.
- an overview of the fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP)
- explanation of screening tests
- an explanation of the screening support sonographer’s role
- down’s syndrome screening criteria
- quality assurance recommendations and procedures
- ultrasound screening markers for Down’s, Edwards’ and Patau’s syndromes as part of the combined test