Ebola: advice about human waste in non-healthcare settings
- Public Health England
- Part of:
- Ebola virus disease: clinical management and guidance and Ebola virus: UK government response
- First published:
- 20 November 2014
- Last updated:
- 13 February 2015, see all updates
Guidance about the risk of contracting Ebola virus disease (EVD) from human waste in non-healthcare settings.
This guidance includes:
- information about Ebola virus disease
- precautions to be taken to avoid transmission from human waste
- actions to take if there is a suspected case of Ebola in home settings
For healthcare professionals, this guidance should be read in conjunction with decontamination guidance for persons with Ebola and other viral haemorrhagic fevers, produced by the Advisory Committee on Dangerous Pathogens and WHO guidelines.
Published: 20 November 2014
Updated: 13 February 2015
- Updated guidance.
- First published.