This document explains congenital heart disease and the processes following a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of the condition.
This publication explains the fetal anomaly condition congenital heart disease.
The leaflet includes:
- definition of the condition
- screening and diagnosis procedure
- prevalence of the condition
- treatment for the disease
- likely outcome for the baby
- prevention processes
- the referral pathway
The NHS fetal anomaly screening programme (FASP) tests for this condition.