Common land and greens: correcting a mistake in the register (CA10)

Correct mistakes in the common land or town or village greens register.



This form can be used by anyone to correct certain types of mistakes in the registers. This includes:

  • mistakes made by the registration authority,
  • other mistakes which would not add or remove land or what a right of common can do,
  • remove a duplicate entry,
  • update a name and address,
  • change the size of a common or green due to a water body changing course (for example a river).

A registration authority can only correct the register in the way that you want where it would be fair on anyone else on the register who would be affected by the change.

This relates to section 14 of the Commons Act 2006.

Published 12 December 2014