Replace a certificate for a vehicle to carry dangerous goods by road

Apply to replace a 'carriage of dangerous' by road certificate (ADR III) if you've lost the original, or need to change the owner or address.


Application for replacement ADR 1C certificate

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to apply for a replacement ADR III certificate, which allows vehicles to carry dangerous or hazardous goods in bulk on the road.

Your application will be delayed if you don’t fill in the form correctly or pay the right fee.

Send your application using the technical application system.

You can also send the application by post.

DVSA ADR Section

Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
ADR section
The Ellipse
Padley road


Replacement certificates aren’t issued for expired certificates or for a change to the ADR category.

Published 19 July 2013
Last updated 22 June 2016 + show all updates
  1. Published updated carriage of dangerous goods replacement certificate application form.
  2. First published.