Apply for destitution domestic violence (DDV) concession

Form for people on a UK partner visa to claim public funds (benefits) while applying to settle in the UK because of domestic violence.


Victims of domestic violence (DDV) concession

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form if you are in the UK on a temporary visa as a partner, your relationship has broken down because of domestic violence and you have no money to support yourself.

You can apply to claim public funds (benefits) for up to 3 months while UK Visas and Immigration considers your application to settle in the UK.

You can send this form as soon as your relationship breaks down and you need money, but you must then also complete form SET(DV) online to apply to settle in the UK.

Read the guidance to find out about eligibility, how to make your application and the required documents.

Published 2 December 2013
Last updated 31 August 2018 + show all updates
  1. Replaced the form with a new version.
  2. Updated form.
  3. First published.