The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
PDF, 3.08MB, 112 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
October Bulletin 10/2017
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Boeing 737-86J (C-FWGH), failure to achieve predicted performance during takeoff, Belfast International Airport, 21 July 2017
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- North American P-51D Mustang (G-MSTG), struck a tree during go-around at Topcroft Farm Airstrip, near Hardwick Airfield, Norfolk, 2 October 2016
General Aviation – Fixed Wing
- Piper PA-30 (G-ATMT), controlled flight into terrain, near Aston Rowant Nature Reserve, Oxfordshire, 15 January 2017
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Dassault Falcon 7X (VQ-BSO), right winglet penetrated the nose cone of a parked aircraft at London City Airport, 24 November 2016
- DHC-8-402 (G-ECOJ), tailstrike on landing, Newcastle Airport, 9 January 2017
- North American P-51D Mustang (G-TFSI), forced landing after the engine stopped in flight, Duxford Aerodrome, Cambridgeshire, 9 July 2017
- Reims Cessna F406 (G-RVLX), pilot’s emergency exit door opened in flight, En route from East Midlands Airport to Kristiansund, Norway, 1 June 2017
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-ANNG) and Avions Pierre Robin CEA DR300/180R (G-BVYM), ground collision due to a loss of directional control during taxiing, Old Sarum Airfield, Wiltshire, 13 May 2017
- Cessna P120N (N210UK), nose gear collapse on landing, Kilfinichen, Isle of Mull, Argyll and Bute, 31 May 2017
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-AXXV), runway excursion on landing, Dunkeswell Airfield, Devon, 27 May 2017
- Europa (G-BWIJ), forced landing on go-around following bounced landing, Croft Farm Strip, Worcestershire, 24 June 2017
- Jodel D117 (G-BDIH), collapsed fuselage, damage to the wing, engine, lower engine cowl and propeller, 3 June 2017
- Piper PA 24 (N7456P), landing gear collapsed on landing after experiencing unexpected windshear, Retford (Gamston) Airport, Nottinghamshire, 21 July 2017
- Piper PA-24-250 (N673SA), runway excursion, Firs Farm Airfield, Newbury, Berkshire, 19 May 2017
- Piper PA-28-140 (G-ATVO), ditching in the sea following loss of engine power during takeoff, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, 30 March 2017
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BNZZ), aircraft damaged by overrun on landing, East Kirkby Airfield, Lincolnshire, 19 June 2017
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BSBA), loss of control on landing, Sandown Airfield, Isle of Wight, 17 August 2017
- Piper PA 32R-301T (N88NA), nose landing gear collapsed on soft ground, White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire, 18 May 2017
- Piper PA-38-112 (G-BMVM), overran runway on takeoff, Brimpton Airfield, Berkshire, 14 June 2017
- Rans S6-ES Coyote II (G-SBAP), aircraft struck fence during takeoff, Belle Vue, Devon, 7 May 2017
- Taylor Monoplane (G-BEYW), collided with trees following a loss of power during takeoff, Manchester Barton Airport, 15 August 2016
- Vans RV-4 (G-RVER), during taxi out downwind aircraft tail lifted and propeller struck ground, Bute Airfield, South Lanarkshire, 2 May 2017
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Eurofox 912(1) (G-ONIK), aircraft struck obstacle during go around, Cobbs Cross Airstrip, Worcestershire, 16 June 2017
- Falcon 8 Trinity Asctec (BAS-02), lost data link, North Sea, 17 April 2017
- Rotorsport UK MT-03 (G-TELC), loss of climb performance on takeoff, near Carrickmore Airfield, Co. Tyrone, 7 May 2017
- Rotorsport UK MTOsport (G-CGPG), low-level windshear caused gyroplane to veer on landing and rotor struck the ground, Crouch Farm Strip, Swanley, Kent, 27 July 2017