Air accident monthly bulletin October 2015
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 2.75MB, 110 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
October Bulletin 10/2015
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Special Bulletin S3/2015: Hawker Hunter (G-BXFI), crashed onto public road during air display, near Shoreham Airport, 22 August 2015
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Boeing 747-443 (G-VROM) hydraulic fluid leak and partial extension of right main wing landing gear, near London Gatwick Airport, 29 December 2014
- Saab-Scania SF340B (G-LGNL), runway excursion during takeoff, Stornoway Airport, 2 January 2015
Commercial Air Transport- Rotorcraft
- Agusta Westland AW139 (G-LBAL), flight into terrain after takeoff in fog and at night, near Gillingham Hall, Norfolk, 13 March 2014
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- North American T-28A (N14113), nose landing gear structural failure during takeoff, Duxford airfield, 30 April 2015
- Auster J5F (G-AMZT), landed on a strip of land next to the runway, Bolt Head Airfield, 18 June 2015
- Bolkow BO 207 (G-EFTE), propeller struck ground during taxi, Chichester (Goodwood) airfield, West Sussex, 6 June 2015
- Denney Kitfox (G-BSCH), hit hedge during takeoff and overturned, Castle Bytham, Lincolnshire, 23 June 2015
- Europa (G-TAGR), inadvertently landed in crops by the side of the runway at Bolt Head Airfield, Devon on 1 July 2015
- Great Lakes Sports Trainer (G-GLST), grazed hangar with a wheel and wingtip whilst landing at Thruxton Aerodrome on 7 June 2015
- Murphy (G-DIKY), heavy landing following stall on final approach, Stoke Golding airfield, Leicestershire, 9 July 2015
- Mid-air collision between Pioneer 300 (G-OPFA) and Valenta Ray X (S037996), Upton-upon- Severn, Worcestershire, 5 April 2015
- Robinson R44 II (G-CDXX), tipped over whilst on the ground, Leicester Airport, 25 June 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Dynamic WT9 UK (G-SJPI), left wing struck crops during landing roll, airstrip near Bourne, Lincolnshire, 20 June 2015
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-CEZF), veered off the runway during takeoff at Broadmeadow Farm, Herefordshire on 5 June 2015
- Rans S6-ES (G-BYOU), engine failure after takeoff from Mount Airey Airstrip, East Yorkshire, 22 August 2014
- Savannah VG Jabiru(1) (G-CCSV), engine failure and forced landing at Inglenook Farm, 18 June 2015
- Skyranger 912(2) (G-JBUL), engine failure after take-off followed by heavy landing, Old Park Farm Airfield, 29 June 2015
- Skyranger Swift 912S(1) (G-CFSW), runway overrun on landing, at Kemeys Commander Airfield, Monmouthshire, 2 July 2015
- X’air Falcon 133(1) (G-CCSO), engine failure and forced landing, near Owston Ferry, Lincolnshire, 5 July 2015
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.