Air accident monthly bulletin February 2017
The AAIB Bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports and is published on the second Thursday of the month.
PDF, 4.55MB, 78 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
I## February Bulletin 2/2017
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- ATR 72-212 A (G-COBO), pitch control difficulty after departing Manchester Airport in icing conditions, diverted to East Midlands Airport, 4 March 2016
Commercial Air Transport- Rotorcraft
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A319-111 (G-EZFX), fumes in the cockpit, on approach to London Gatwick Airport, 1 October 2016
- Reims Cessna F406 Caravan II (G-FIND), un-commanded pitch down event, en-route cruise, 25 September 2016
- Cessna F177RG Cardinal RG (G-TOTO), wheels up landing, Denham Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire, 14 December 2016
- Colomban MC-15 Cri-Cri (G-CRIK), both engines stopped on final approach, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 13 September 2016
- Eurocopter AS350B2 (G-VGMG), loss of control on landing, Lake Farm, Old Race Course, Bideford, Devon, 11 July 2016
- Piper PA-22-150 Tri-Pacer (N6830B), hit obstacle during rollout from forced landing, Wyke Oliver Farm, Weymouth, Dorset, 5 August 2016
- Piper PA-32R-300 (G-BDWP), landed short of the runway, Bagby (Thirsk) Airfield, Yorkshire, 11 September 2016
- Robinson R66 (N166MG), heavy landing, private site, Stowe, Buckinghamshire, 15 August 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Denney Kitfox Mk 2 (G-BSUZ), bounced on landing, porpoised and overturned, Brimpton Airfield, Berkshire, 12 September 2016
- Flight Design CTSW (G-OMSA), hard landing, Damyns Hall Aerodrome, Essex, 1 September 2016
- Mainair Blade (G-MYVY), crashed on landing, Hawksview Airfield, Warrington, 18 September 2016
- P & M Aviation QuikR (G-CHUX), runway excursion after landing, Hawksview Airfield, Stretton, Cheshire, 1 September 2016
- Quik GTR (G-CIDG), loss on control on landing due to wake turbulence, Headcorn Aerodrome, Kent, 11 November 2016
- Quik GT450 (G-CFKJ), heavy landing, Caernarfon Airport, Gwynedd, 31 August 2016
- Rotorsport UK MTO Sport gyroplane (G-CFVG), crashed on takeoff, Northrepps (Cromer) Aerodrome, Norfolk, 28 September 2016
- Skyranger 912(2) (G-INCE), loss of control on landing after clipping a tree, Hackford, Wymondham, 26 August 2016
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.
- Embraer EMB-505 Phenom 300 (HZ-IBN), steep and fast approach followed by runway overrun and fire, Blackbushe Airport, 31 July 2015
- Pegasus Quantum 15, (G-MZCR), crashed during go-around, East Haxted Farm, 16 July 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-CDER), aircraft ditched after reporting engine problems, English Channel, 1.2 nm from Winchelsea Beach, East Sussex, 6 August 2016